Chelsea Girl

No, i'm afraid this is not an entry about the amazing highstreet shop of the 1960's, 70's and 80's...but I may do one in the near future...unimpressed with River Islands minute collection....
No, this entry is about the first episode of the third series of Made in Chelsea (the only slightly upmarket cousin of The Only Way is Essex).
For those of you who do not watch Chelsea I apologise, have a peek at E4.com and you'll be able to find out some info on the characters.
For those of you who do and tuned in last night, you'll know what I'm moaning about.

I'm going to say it and I may offend a few fans, but, I don't like Caggie. There, I said it.
Now, I'm not ignorant enough to think that Miss Dunlops real life mirrors her TV life exactly, but as far as her TV life goes, I find her rather irritating.
Ok, Spencer, yes you would be as blasé as possible when it came to eventually 'keeping him', but really? Caggie is as bad as  he is...if not worse!
For 3 Series now, we have watched Spencer have 2 girlfriends whilst 'in love' with Caggie (one of which was Louise who I think is prettier than the lot of them),
finally at the end of the second series, they get together, hurray - because now the long, drawn out, BORING storyline that nobody really cares about might finally come to an end.
For what looks like 3 series now, they have played out this weird relationship issue, like anybody is actually interested and like anybody really cares if they get together or not.
We don't. Move on.
Well, it looks as if Caggie has. She went on holiday for 2 weeks and came back with some buddhist text and some blokes initial tattooed on her arm.
Well obviously, I understand the Buddhist thing. She really does live a Buddhist life style, with all the designer clothes, new guitars, holidays whenever and jetting off to her New York appartment at the drop of a hat.
Very Buddhist.
But to get a mans initial tattooed on you, a man you'd know for 2 weeks, whilst poor little Spencer, mopes about Kensington in his Lotus with nothing to do?
Well that's just cruel.


Moving on, because these two get enough air time, Louise Thompson.
Louise is another ex of Spencers. From what I've seen (apart from maybe 2 others) she appears to be the only one attempting a further eductaion.
It must be very easy to just depend on Lord and Lady Chelsea's bank balance, so I commend Louise for actually getting off her tiny 5ft bottom and learning something.
As I said before, I don't really understand what the big deal is about Caggie. Louise is far, far prettier, she doesn't get involved in other peoples dealings, she appears to be more intellingent and she doesn't repeatedly humiliate herself with Spencer.
During series 2, there was some unfair treatment towards Louise on Spencers part. Again whether or not this really happened or not, I don't know. But it was handled with great dignity.


Millie Mackintosh. Please, open your mouth when you speak. I feel as if there were deaf people watching, they'd have difficulty lip reading your words.
Yes you are very pretty and a modelling career would probably be good for you as you wouldn't need to talk. Just don't do TV advertisements.
Second series, the Hugo and Millie Saga. So, Hugo cheated on Millie, then after she found out, Hugo dicovered Millie had also cheated on him.
But, where was Rosie in this? As annoying as I find Millies inability of move her mouth appropriately as she speaks, I have to say, I felt for her quite a lot when she was told her best friend Rosie flat hair and Hugo Freddie Mercury had been getting it off behind her back. I also thought it was brilliant the way she announced this at the 1920's themed Birthday Party! Wonderful.


I'm not sure if it would be wrong to write about Ollie Locke in my Chelsea Girl post. Afterall, he's not a girl, but it is easy to forget this major factor.
Ollie, the 'seriously he must be gay' character. Love him. Reminds me so much of one of my best friends. Owning an array of Union Jack garments and most recently in last nights episode, a Union Jack car! Ollies two best friends Binky and Cheska are also every entertaining. I have said often that out of everyone in the series, these three are probably the only ones I could actually see myself getting on with...probably because I have similar friends, but they are also the only ones in the show that display 'real person' attributes.
I find them easier to relate to, I don't find any of them dislikeable, in fact the opposite and they are always entertaining. Yes they have money, but unlike the other group, they dont appear to use it at every given opportunity.

Gabriella made her way into this photo!
So there we have it, that was my take on the Chelsea Girls, or more the ones I find interesting enough to mention. If you don't watch Made in Chelsea, you can catch up on 4od and catch it on E4, Monday evenings at 10pm. Hopefully, I haven't made it sound terribly boring!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
I'm Sophie, my flat looks like a charity shop, i have pieces of furniture ranging from 120 years old to 5 years old. I love music, I couldn't live without it, my moods are defined by what I listen to and how I dress tomorrow will depend on what I feel like listening to tomorrow morning. I sell Vintage clothing online. I'm very impulsive, I will watch a program about the Antarctic and decide I want a baby Penguin as a pet, tomorrow it'll be a Bat, next week, a Tiger. I have an obsession with collecting gaudy ornaments that nobody likes and I love hats. I find it hard to concentrate on something for a long time unless I am fully interested in it, but when I am, I can devote hours of my life to it. My favourite food in the world is Japanese noodle soup, doesn't matter what's in it, I want to be Jewish, I love Morrissey and have an ulikely unexplained crush on Blackadder the 2nd, but not Rowan Atkinson.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow BeatnikMrsBlonde