Beehive That Hair







The Beehive, as large and outrageous as you want or a chic do suitable for an interview?

The Beehive is also known as a B-52, after the nose of the B-52 Stratofortress bomber.
 It was created in 1960 by Margaret Vinci Heldt, owner of the Margaret Vinci Coiffures in downtown Chicago. She'd been asked to design a new hairstyle that would reflect the coming decade by the editors of 'Modern Beauty Salon' magazine. She originally modelled it on a fez like hat.

The beehive style was popular throughout the 1960s and remains an enduring symbol of 1960s kitsch








and one to add to that:



        It's not a difficult as it looks, here's how:

  • After hair is washed, blow dry upside down for maximum volume
  • Once dry use heat (tongs, hot brush, straighteners or whilst still wet use round brish to blow dry shape) to shape the hair into the mold needed, this will also give the roots some boost
  • Take inch thick sections of hair from the desired beehive area and back comb by combing the hair from the top to the bottom, spraying with hairspray each time. (if you have short hair, you may need to do this all over to get the Dusty Springfield effect like I have in the above picture, if you have long hair, concentrate on the crown, top and upper back of your head for the Bardot look)
  • By now you should resemble an escapee from a criminally insane prison, starting from the bottom, carefully skim each section with a fine tooth comb into the beehive shape, after each inch section is combed, spray with hairspray to secure, carefully blending each section with the last so not to see joins.
  • You can tease the top sections as much as you like, make the beehive as small or big as you want, but just remember to use plenty of hairspray and your beehive can NEVER be too big!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
I'm Sophie, my flat looks like a charity shop, i have pieces of furniture ranging from 120 years old to 5 years old. I love music, I couldn't live without it, my moods are defined by what I listen to and how I dress tomorrow will depend on what I feel like listening to tomorrow morning. I sell Vintage clothing online. I'm very impulsive, I will watch a program about the Antarctic and decide I want a baby Penguin as a pet, tomorrow it'll be a Bat, next week, a Tiger. I have an obsession with collecting gaudy ornaments that nobody likes and I love hats. I find it hard to concentrate on something for a long time unless I am fully interested in it, but when I am, I can devote hours of my life to it. My favourite food in the world is Japanese noodle soup, doesn't matter what's in it, I want to be Jewish, I love Morrissey and have an ulikely unexplained crush on Blackadder the 2nd, but not Rowan Atkinson.

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow BeatnikMrsBlonde